All Incoming 10th Graders:
Incoming 10th graders enrolled in CP English 10 or Honors English 10 will read Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. Information about ordering the book is on the home page of this website.
Honors English 10:
**NEW FOR 2020: STUDENTS IN HONORS ENGLISH 10 WILL NOT HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL READING OUTSIDE OF JUST MERCY.
The Honors English 10 teachers have suggested the following titles as OPTIONAL reading for the summer:
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents--Julia Alvarez
- In the Garden of North American Martyrs--Tobias Wolff
- Kindred--Octavia Butler
- The Joy Luck Club--Amy Tan
- A Separate Peace--John Irving
- Water for Elephants--Sara Gruen
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao--Junot Diaz
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower--Stephen Chbosky
- Unwind--Neal Shusterman
- Stamped--Jason Reynolds and Ibram X Kendi